While many essential oils offer numerous benefits, lavender essential oil can be used for a variety of purposes. It can help you sleep better, ease anxiety, and nourish your skin. It can even be used to reduce pain and promote a positive mental state.
As lavender oil becomes more popular, people are starting to understand the many benefits this oil has to offer. Here are some of the top lavender oil benefits:
1. Lavender Oil Is Great For Anxiety Relief.
Lavender oil is known for its calming effects and can be used to help relieve anxiety and stress. In fact, lavender oil was found to be just as effective as lorazepam, a prescription medication for anxiety, in a study conducted by Wesleyan University.
2. Lavender Oil Is A Natural Antidepressant.
In addition to its calming effects, lavender oil also has antidepressant properties. A study published in Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice showed that lavender oil had a positive effect on depressive symptoms in elderly patients. Lavender oil is also effective for relieving stress and anxiety, which can often trigger depression or make it worse. It is widely used by aromatherapists to help people improve their mood and relieve feelings of sadness and grief.
3. Lavender Oil Eases Pain And Discomfort.
Lavender oil has analgesic properties that can help ease pain, especially when massaged into muscles and joints where there are painful areas or injuries. In fact, lavender oil was found to have the same effect as over-the-counter drugs for muscle aches in a study from University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine.
4. Lavender Oil Boosts The Immune System.
Lavender oil can boost the body’s immunity and help fight against bacteria and infections, including the common cold and upper respiratory tract infections. It can also effective in fighting skin conditions like eczema and acne.
5. Lavender Oil Helps Treat Burns And Wounds.
Lavender oil has antibacterial properties that help prevent infection while it speeds up the healing process of minor wounds. lavender oil can be applied directly to cuts, scrapes, burns, bruises or insect bites for faster relief from pain and discomfort related to such injuries.
6. Lavender Oil Benefits Women’s Health By Easing Menstrual Cramps And Menopausal Symptoms
As a natural hormone balancer, lavender oil can help to ease menstrual cramps and other symptoms associated with pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) and menopause. Because lavender oil can also be used to promote relaxation and stress relief, it is especially beneficial for women during these times.
7. Lavender Oil Is A Natural Sleep Aid
Lavender oil is known for its relaxing effects, which can help people fall asleep faster and enjoy a more restful night’s sleep. Lavender oil can also be combined with other essential oils like chamomile or to create a soothing nighttime aromatherapy blend that can aid in getting that needed restful sleep .
8. Lavender Oil Benefits The Skin By Reducing Wrinkles, Scars And Stretch Marks
Lavender oil can be used topically to reduce the appearance of scars, stretch marks and other skin imperfections. It may also help decrease fine lines and wrinkles by increasing collagen production in the skin.
Lavender Oil Benefits are vast, which is why this versatile essential oil is one of the most popular around today!
Below are some of the ways Lavender Oil is used:
1) Diffuse lavender oil to reduce anxiety. Put 3-5 drops of lavender essential oil in an aromatherapy diffuser and diffuse up to 10 minutes at a time. Alternatively, you can put 1 drop on a cotton ball and place the cotton ball near the air intake of an air conditioner or fan to fill your house with the lavender aroma.
2) Apply oil topically. Lavender oil can be used for fast anxiety relief by applying it topically, either neat (undiluted) or diluted in a carrier oil like jojoba oil. To apply, put 3 drops of lavender oil in your hands and rub them together to warm the oil. Cup your hands over your nose and mouth, then inhale deeply for a few minutes.
3) Take lavender oil internally. Many people take lavender oil orally by putting 1-2 drops in an empty capsule or mixing with honey or yogurt, but be aware that only trace amounts of lavender oil are absorbed when taken internally. It’s best to start with 1 drop and increase if needed.
Those who are interested in natural remedies for health issues will find lavender oil to be one of their best allies. Lavender oil, when obtained from a high quality provider like Young Living, Doterra or Revive will likely bring the best results,making it easy for anyone to reap lavender oil benefits today!